Biomass Boiler Quotation
Earlier this year The Energy Desk was approached by a care home for a biomass boiler quotation. We work with 2 premium biomass boiler manufacturers, Froling and ETA, both of which are Austrian-made and for whom we are UK suppliers. TED is recommended by these manufacturers and they provide us with favourable warranty terms.
After a site survey of the care home and an assessment of their current energy usage, we determined a biomass boiler would offer the following benefits for the property:
- Current heating bill reductions of 60%
- Total fuel savings in excess of £1.1 million over the next 20 years (based on biomass inflation remaining at 5% and bulk propane remaining at 8%)
- Carbon dioxide emissions reduced by 122 tonnes per annum
- Enhanced environmental credentials that may improve with future tax bills and will help with any Carbon Reduction Commitments
- A stable known future fuel cost linked to RPI +2%
- Further revenue available through the non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive
- Comprehensive boiler controls
- Remote monitoring and diagnosis
All of these fantastic benefits and features are achievable simply by installing a biomass boiler. In this case, we expected the work to take less than 3 weeks to complete with potential disruption to heating and hot water supply being less than one day. We could also source a biomass boiler and ancillaries (installed in energy cabins, see image) for free on this occasion though this is subject to eligibility.
Find out more about The Energy Desk’s Energy Services