The Data Collector (DC) is an organisation accredited to carry out Data Collection for half-hourly metering systems. The DC is appointed by the supplier to retrieve and validate metering data and forward it to the Data Aggregator. The DC may be appointed by the customer but must always be accredited and contracted to the customer’s supplier.
The Data Aggregator (DA) is an organisation accredited to carry out Data Aggregation for half-hourly metering data. The DA is appointed by the Supplier to aggregate consumption from half-hourly Data Collector(s) so that this can be validated and used for billing.
Usually the data collector and data aggregator are the same company but this is not essential.
Discover the answers to some of the most pressing questions when it comes to Data Collection and Data Aggregators.
• All half hourly metering supplies need a DC, if you do not have one in place, your energy supplier will apply a default DC
• The DC is responsible for the collection and processing of your electricity data, whilst transferring it across to your DA and electricity supplier.
• All half hourly supplies require a DA. It is mandatory to have a DA for your electricity supply, however, your energy supplier may not provide one. Therefore, if you don’t have your own DA set up, a default DA will be given to you.
• The DA is responsible for the aggregation of your metered data in accordance with industry standards.
• A Clearer and more accurate understanding of how much energy your business uses.
• Good quality data is essential for not only managing your energy consumption, but also for ensuring that you only pay for what you use.
Get in touch with the TED team to find out more about DC/DA contracts available.
Explore key benefits of TED’s Data Collection and Data Aggregator services below.