Most businesses will require a MOP contract to manage and monitor their electricity consumption. TED is here to keep the costs down and the service levels high, whether you’re setting up a new connection or looking to switch to a new metering service.
As the market is now deregulated, there are a host of competitive options available to you – we can find the perfect agreement to suit your business and help you avoid unnecessary costs and hassle.
Working in partnership with a fully-accredited MOP, we will take care of supply, installation, maintenance and operation of your electricity meter to reduce the cost associated with these services, no matter the size of your business.
Your MOP system will operate on the same platform as your data services facility, allowing for a seamless integration with metering systems, making the process of two-way data communication fast, effective and simple.
Discover the answers to some of the most pressing questions when it comes to Data Collection and Data Aggregators.
• A Meter Operator agreement or (MOP contract) is a legal requirement for all half hourly electricity supplied meters.
• Half hourly metering gives accurate information about how much energy you’re using. This is required for all businesses with a supply greater than 65kW.
• Meter operator agreement costs from £250.00 to £500.00 per annum depending on factors such as the meter operator and the type of meter. There will usually be a separate charge for the communications link which varies from area to area.
• The Meter Operation Code of Practice Agreement is an agreement between Electricity Distribution Businesses and Electricity Meter Operators which authorises meter operators to install and connect meters to the electricity network, under safety, technical and business interface requirements.
• Yes, we can assist in all aspects related to Meter Operator Agreements, as well as provide commercial metering services.
• Just get in touch with TED and we can take care of the whole process, including:
– Communication with supplier(s)
– The contract paperwork
– Installation and maintenance arrangements
– Providing you with clear information about your MOP agreement
– Sharing and analysing consumption data
• Although you are free to select different companies for your Meter Operations and Data Collection, many companies combine this solution to eliminate problems within the supply chain.
• Analogue electric meters require monthly readings whereas modern digital meters automatically send energy usage data to the utility company. Regardless of which meter is fitted on your premises, both measure electricity usage via kilowatt hours. This is the measurement of watts consumed in a given time. Digital meters are considered to be more accurate in their readings than the analogue counterparts while also recording net electricity usage if your business has wind turbines or solar panels installed. The direction of energy flow is displayed on the meter’s screen.
Looking for a new connection? Talk to TED today.
Fill out the form below and a member of staff will be in touch.